Sunday, February 19, 2012

KNITTED BABY BEANIE....

Awhile back my mother-in-law taught me how to knit.... (Just the basic purl and knit stitch).

While I was at Borders one day, I saw a book with several baby-based knitting patterns... so of course, I had to get it! Now, if you haven't looked at a knitting pattern (I hadn't) When you open that little book, you will probably be totally lost and confused... (well, I was anyways).

To give you a small example, knitting patterns read a little something like this: cast on 60 stitches k 1 row p1 k2 p3 k3 k2tog co ... you get the point, right?? There are a lot of other knitting stitches that I don't know how to do yet (like circular knitting, and alligator or mattress stitches, etc..) So there is quite a lot in my little knitting book that I do not understand! I went on google and searched several things and was finally able to decode most of the pattern. (which doesn't mean I can do it, I just understand what it stands for, lol)  I found a pattern in my book that only called for a knit and purl stitch, which I know! Yay! It was for a little baby beanie :)



Now the pattern stated '0-3 months' but as you can see in the pictures, its slightly big and he is almost 4 months (trust me, my kids do NOT have small heads). So it didn't fit him for a little while, but he's starting to grow into it now and I just think its adorable!

I used a super soft yarn (sorry I forgot what brand, but I bought it at Jo-Anns). When I washed the beanie, it became even softer! I would suggest not using such a soft yarn though, because it is so silky it like to slip off his soft little hairy head, but of course its totally up to you!  Here's a few more views:





By the way: I will make these to order if you want one! Just email me for details :) babiesnmoregalore@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Look at you - mrs. crafty lady! How fun! I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my Busy Bliss blog.... messages in the shower - now that is creative :). Hope you are doing well!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! And thanks for stopping by! ;)

    ReplyDelete