Monday, January 23, 2012

Clean Labels off Glass Jars Easily....

Have an empty Jar laying around your kitchen that you would like to turn into a project! (I love to do this, so cheap! And a great way to 'recycle'!) Are those glass jars covered in sticky labels that just leave goo and paper behind when you try to peel them off?! Heres how I get mine off, super easy! (I suggest using this on GLASS jars only!)

First, wash your jars and put the lids back on (if you chose).
Peel off most of the label with your hands.

Boil a large pot of soapy water.


Once the water is boiling, put your jars in the water and let boil for several minutes. (I used tongs to get my jar out and to turn it in the water).
Take your jar out and let it cool down.
Then I washed my jars once more to clean off the soap and the last of the goo (it came right off after boiling it, otherwise I would have had to scrub diligently at it!)


Now what to do with these jars.... lol


(I have also heard that putting them in a solution of bleach water does the same thing, but I have never tried this for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment