Monday, January 23, 2012

Front Door Wreath - DIY

I saw a picture of this on the internet about a month ago....
And I just fell in love with it, and HAD to recreate it. Really, it was very simple. Anyone could easily do this!

Supplies needed:
1 twig wreath
5 big flowers of your choice
Ribbon (color of your choice) to make a bow
Numbers
Spray Paint
Wire cutters (if your flowers have stems attached)
Hot glue gun & glue

Sorry I did not take step by step pictures, but here is the main process:

First, spray paint your numbers and let dry.
While they are drying you can start on the next steps:
Cut the stems off of your flowers (I left a small amount of stem on my flowers for poking into the wreath for added stability).
Make your ribbon into a bow.
Arrange your flowers, bow, and letters on your wreath around where you would like them to be. Pick up one item at a time (this ensures the items will get put back in the appropriate places) and hot glue them back to your wreath. (I found the flowers the most challenging part, but eventually managed to get them secured to that wreath!)
Finally, hang your new wreath on your door!!!

 


Unfortunately... HOA won't let me take the 104 off my door making it slightly tacky... but I guess I'll have to get over it.

Total cost? (I bought my supplies at Michaels craft store)
  • The wreath: around $3
  • Ribbon: about $1
  • Flowers: $3-$4 each.
  • Spray paint: $0 (I had some, but typically about $3)
However, Michaels is always having sales/ and or coupons so you could easily get your supplies for cheaper. (I used a 20% off coupon). The flowers were the most expensive part, but I just LOVED them :)  Hobby Lobby has some great flowers as well!

1 comment:

  1. (I really liked the blue, but what pushed me towards green was the fact that I could only find Green ribbon!)

    ReplyDelete